St. Stanislaus Church can never be replaced, in our history or in our hearts.
Built upon faith and maintained for a century with love, St. Stanislaus is a beautiful house of worship reflecting the hopes, experiences, and accomplishments of Polish immigrants and their descendants in the Rochester area.
Widely admired for its distinctive architecture, it is a precious legacy to many people: those who worship there today . . . those who trace their family's roots in this country to the parish . . . those who grew up in the shadow of the church and received their early education at St. Stanislaus School . . . those who treasure it as the spiritual heart of Rochester's Polish community.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/friendsofsaint/www/www/church.php on line 18
Few parishes in the Rochester area have enjoyed a more colorful history or a closer connection with their communities than St. Stanislaus Kostka.
CLICK here for Interactive Timeline
In addition, the Diocese of Rochester has acknowledged St. Stanislaus as a "church building of special distinction," including it on a list compiled by the diocesan historian, Rev. Robert F. McNamara, of Rochester churches "that bear proud witness to the devotion and self-sacrifice of their parishioners."
- Tender Loving Care Award: Presented to St. Stanislaus Parish in 1990 by the Landmark Society of Western New York, in recognition of the congregation's dedication to care of the church.
- Award of Merit: Presented to St. Stanislaus Parish in 2000 by the Landmark Society of Western New York for the tower restoration project.
- Craftsmanship Award: Presented to the Leo J. Roth Corporation in 2000 by the Builders Exchange of Rochester, NY, Inc., for the tower restoration project.
- Special Achievement Award: Presented to St. Stanislaus Parish in 2004 by the Landmark Society of Western New York, in recognition of the congregation's "outstanding contribution to historic preservation."
- Craftsman's Award: Presented to Henry Swiatek in 2004 by the Landmark Society of Western New York, in recognition of his work at St. Stanislaus and other area churches.
- Excellence in Preservation Award: Presented to St. Stanislaus Parish in 2005 by the Preservation League of New York State, in recognition of the success of the Church Restoration Campaign (1998-2004).